16 May 2012

What A Wonderful Weekend.

I have a lot to say in this post so brace yourself. First, last weekend, which was the first weekend of my summer, was spectacular. Two of my best friends birthdays and mother's day, how could it get any better? Thursday I spent the night at Fenway Park enjoying a Red Sox game with some old friends, so much fun even though I'm a Yankees fan. Then Friday began the birthday festivities, nothing like cooking a great dinner and having some wine listening to your guy friends sing Vanessa Carlton...gets me every time. Saturday, we took full advantage of the 80 degrees and had a gorgeous birthday lunch outside in the sun, great food, cocktails and some after lunch shopping...every girls dream. We then got decked out and spent the night at Brahmin, a fairly new hot spot in Boston. Here's my thoughts: upstairs, great! Awesome atmosphere, great people and cool bar. Downstairs wasn't exactly what we were all expecting. Don't get me wrong I still thoroughly enjoyed myself but it was a little small and cramped, not to mention windowless. So words of advice, stay upstairs if you can!

For mothers day we decided to try something new, out of the ordinary. As a huge Italian family I can't remember the last time we went out on a holiday to a non-Italian restaurant, biased I know. Well, they say there is a first time for everything. Mothers Day 2012 was exactly that, we took my grandmother for Hibachi. She had never experienced it before and shes 84, so we figured why not. It turned out to be a great day and everyone had tons of fun, Hibachi never fails.

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS...all of you who loved picnik and will truly miss it now that it's gone, worry no more. I stumbled upon the site iPiccy (CLICK HERE). Its literally the same exact thing as picnik, so happy I found it, I nearly had a breakdown when I heard picnik was closing. All I thought was oh no there goes my blog if I can't edit my pictures!! Hope you enjoy it!