17 May 2012

New Ink Is In The Near Future.

As most of you know I have been on crutches for the last few days and will be for the next few days. Unfortunately, this means I'm stuck to the couch which results in two things. The better of the two is that I have ample time to blog. However, it also means that I will not be able to do outfit posts so I'm going to have to brainstorm for interesting ideas! Hopefully I can succeed in my brainstorming. 

For the first post I thought I would discuss something that is very important to me and hits close to the heart. I know some people don't understand the purpose or point of tattoos but at the end of the day to me they mean something very personal and special. I have just one on my rib cage that is only visible in certain bathing suits. I am very personal, thus I like my tattoos to be for me and essentially hidden when fully dressed.

However, you know how they say tattoos are addicting? Well this is the truth. I was discussing them with my friend Natasha, who has 7 or so. I was saying to her I'm going to get this one for Mart, my cousin, then that's it because this is really special to me and I want it. And she said to me, I always said that too then you come up with more and more things that are important to you that you want to have permanent reminders of. I'm finding that she is nothing short of correct. I'm sure after the obsession with my second one wears off I'm going to try and figure out another special part of my life or person that I want as a permanent reminder.

I unfortunately don't have a picture of my current tattoo on my computer or I would post it here, but I will show you what I want for my next adventure. I prefer writing for tattoos, personally pictures and things aren't for me so I found a quote that is very meaningful to me and constantly is a reminder of one of my best friends. Every time I see it I will be reminded of him, which is exactly what I want. It comes from a Zac Brown Band Song called colder weather and it says, "when I close my eyes I see you, no matter where I am". Couldn't be more of what I'm looking for.

Once you have found what you really want, it is essential to work out every detail. I mean it is on you for life right? My dilemma is whether I want to do it in English or Italian. Italian sparked my interest because then it would be more personal and not every person who saw it would understand it, but the translation is a little unclear. And of course I need to decide font and location. But this is what I've had my eye on...



I'm thinking this one is my favorite for location.

PS. MOM DON'T KILL ME =)